Longarm Quilting Service
Our options for Longarm Quilting include:
- Edge-to-Edge Quilting - all-over edge to edge designs which form a continuous pattern over the entire surface of your quilt. We have a vast library of digital designs that may be sized to fit your needs. $3.50 per square foot. The minimum price for edge-to-edge quilting is $50.
- Custom Quilting: Any quilting that deviates from a standard edge to edge design will be priced as custom quilting. From different block or border designs to echoing applique, there are infinite options for custom quilting! You can choose from our extensive libraries of patterns that will fit the personality of your quilt. Price between .05 and .10 per square inch, depending on intricacy. We will need to see your quilt in person and get an idea of what you're looking for to be able to give you an estimate. The minimum price for custom quilting is $150.
Before bringing in your quilt:
- If you are bringing in your own backing and/or batting, please make sure that it is at least 3" larger than your quilt on all sides.
- Make sure top lays flat and has minimal waviness of borders and center. If your top does not lay flat, you may end up with tucks and pleats after quilting.
When you drop your quilt off:
- We will measure your quilt top, backing, and batting.
- We will give you the opportunity to choose thread color and quilting design. We have a wide selection of both, so you're sure to find something that works with your quilt top!
- We will help you choose from our selection of batting on the roll. Our batting comes in 96" or 108" wide, and is sold by the yard, so you only buy what you need.
- If you don't have a backing for your quilt, you can choose from our selection of 108" wide fabrics, or any regular width fabric for your backing.
- Machine binding: $2 per linear foot. We also offer hand binding, and sewing binding to top only. Price for these varies with the quilt.
- Please bring your binding fabric with you, or choose fabric from the shop.
- Please double check that you have enough fabric for binding. We use 2 1/2" strips when binding, and not all patterns will use this measurement in figuring their fabric requirements.
- Bring us the fabric as-is. Cutting and prepping the strips is included in the price.
- Piece backing from width of fabric: $18
- Trim Quilt (so it's ready for binding): $18.
- Add a Rod Pocket: $25
- Add a Label (computer-printed): $18
- Make sure seams all secure. Do not have a seam allowance less than 1/4"
- Press your top and clip any loose threads
- If your top does not have borders, stay stitch less than 1/4" around the entire quilt top to prevent seams from separating. This can also be accomplished with backstitching when piecing the top.
- Square all edges.
- For your backing: make sure edges are either straight of grain or selvage. Tearing the fabric is the best method to find the straight of grain.
- For pieced backing, seams should be 1/4" - 3/8". Remove selvage edges from the inside of the backing; they should be left on the outer edges.
- For packaged batting: open your batting and lay it flat for a few days. This will help creases relax.
- Be wary when purchasing - some packaged cotton battings still have cotton seeds. These will wear holes in your quilt top over time.